Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3

Hello everyone! So the computer at the library was being dumb so I am trying this on the iPad. We will see how this works.

This week has been great. We a lot of our recent converts with their home and visiting teachers. Which is so good, that is how we were going to keep them in the gospel is to get them connected to the people in the Ward. We saw one recent convert who is struggling and hasn't been to church in months. Its kind of a touchy situation but she let us in to teach her which was good, I hadn't met her before. We are teaching a lady named Dee. She is so great. She is coming to church, reading, and has a baptismal date. She is friends with one of the recent converts in the Ward. She is so excited to learn and is so ready for the gospel, she just soaks it up. She loves learning and she doesn't have much of a religious background at all so it is neat. This week we taught her about the Atonement and how it helps us. She had never heard of that or how it works before and it was neat to explain it to her and see the spirit testify of truth. But the sad thing is we found out she lives outside of our boundaries, ( that always happens to me!!) so we are going to transition her to the Ward where she lives. But I know she will be fine.

This week we went on exchange ( even though we are not leaders anymore, president asked us to helpout with a few exchanges) and I went with sister Hudson. She is a great missionary. It surprised me to find out that she is older. She is 25 and graduated from college. So she has a lot of knowledge and experience. She is great. We had a lot of fun. We talked a lot about how to have fun and still be a missionary, and how to keep productive and keep learning and growing in the last few months of our mission. She is a transfer behind me so we're almost the same. We went to a mission home fireside last night with a recent convert. I love going to those so much, I love hearing from president craven. He is such an incredible speaker. I love hearing his testimony. He spoke about the restoration of the priesthood and the gospel, how we are different from Catholics and different from Protestants, and we believe in Christ's original truth and church.

I can't believe I have to worry about things like registration and housing and school. It's crazy time has gone by so fast.

I know the gospel is true and I know the work I am engaged in is the lords work. President craven told us last night after the meeting that we need to stop worrying about ourselves and what we are going to do and Leave the work to him. I love that.

This week we are teaching the young women for youth night tomorrow,that will be fun we have a great activity planned. And there is a Ward game night activity on Saturday, interviews with president Thursdays, Sunday is Ward conference, it'll be busy but good!

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment