Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7

Hello everyone! HAPPY GENERAL CONFERENCE! LOVE IT! 

This week we have had dinner with some wonderful members.This ward has been really great at feeding us. Other wards in the mission are NOT and I am grateful for it. They are really wonderful. One of my FAVORITE families found out this week they are moving to Utah, and they are possibly going to SOUTH JORDAN and I was so excited!! Ya'll will love them!!!! :) :) 

Highlights of the Week: 

Tuesday we did our service time at a retirement home. We just to visit with and sing to people who don't get visits. It is wonderful. I love seeing them and helping them to smile :) And we are still working on the nurses slowly but surely. 

Tuesday we did an activity with the Young Womens. It went really well. We had them split up into different groups and we had objects for each of the missionary lessons, the cups for the restoration, the plan of salvation map, and a drawing of the gospel of Jesus Christ (by the way.. before my mission I don't think I knew that the Gospel of Jesus Christ/Doctrine of Christ is the first principles and ordinances of the gospel. Why do you think that people don't teach that much? Maybe they did and I just missed it..) Then we role played with them inviting people to General Conference, an FHE, or a church activity. I think they really liked it. 

We made cards with the information to General Conference on it and invited a LOT of people to watch this week. 

So we did see our Recent Converts husband.. he didn't get his papers to leave the country so he IS staying here for at least another week and a half. We went with the home teacher to visit/ teach them both. I think that going to church really helped him open up to the gospel. And I think it was great having the home teacher there because her husband is a military man, and I think he needs a man to man, an authority figure to relate to. They both did watch General Conference, but we haven't been able to teach him much because they were also sick this weekend. We hope to teach him at least a little more before he leaves. 

We had Zone Meeting on Friday. Our Zone Leader used to be an Assistant for a few transfers, so he is a lot different than the Zone Leaders before him. It's good though. And we had great role plays and training about inviting people to church. It's an important invitation. 

Wasn't General Conference wonderful? I LOVE IT. It is always such a spiritual boost. I think one of my favorite talks was about gratitude. How we are grateful in our circumstances, not just for things. We can be grateful in any situation. We watched conference at the church and kind of camped out there for the day, taking a lunch hour and doing Facebook in between sessions. We had someone coming, but she got called into work. In between sessions both days there was a really funny family that fed us REALLY good food!! They made Cafe Rio (still not the same as the real thing.. but it was pretty good!) and they both went on missions so we talked about their missions but they just told really funny stories so it was them and like 12 of us missionaries and we had such a great time. Also there was a girl from another ward who just got back from her mission like 2 weeks ago and she came and talked with all of us Sisters for a while. It was weird, there IS life after the mission after all! She told us about how weird it was to RUN with an IPOD by herself... whoa that WILL be weird. She served in Texas, and her mission was so different than ours, you wouldn't think so but it was. They had totally different rules. HEY BROTHERS What kind of things did your mission presidents allow and not allow?! 

MIRACLE STORY:: So we felt like we needed to meet our neighbors, the missionaries before us knew people on our street, but I never have really met them. So.. we met our neighbor who is a cute little old lady named Thelma. She was so happy to see us. She let us right in and started showing us pictures of the grand kids. We asked if there was anything we could do to help her. She said yes, and that we were an answer to prayer. We talked with her a bit and come to find our that she had been praying that morning (she showed us where she wrote it in her prayer journal) that she was praying that God would send her help for all she has to do around the house. She was so happy we were there to help and we went back the next day and raked ALL of the leaves in her yard for a few hours (she sat on her deck in the shade and watched us ha ha), and we are going to paint her deck this week!!! God really puts us where we need to be if we just will listen!  

This week in the Christlike Attributes study, we are studying DILLIGENCE. Study it in Preach my Gospel (just like Elder Ballard said)  and tell me what you think! 

I thought on my mission that my testimony would become complex and i would learn so much, but I really just have learned the basics. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior. I know that He has a prophet on the Earth today. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that families can be together forever. 

What missionary moments have you had lately!?!???????? #openyourmouth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s if you want to send anything for my birthday (cough cough.. :) 
This is my address here in Waxhaw
313 North Providence Street 
Waxhaw, North Carolina 
(BUT transfers are on the 30th so if you send something make sure it gets here before then just in case)

No comments:

Post a Comment