Monday, March 4, 2013

2nd Transfer

This week has been a whirlwind. We have been using the saviors peace and blessing to increase our teaching pool and have had a lot of success. Melanie and her kids got baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday! It was a wonderful experience and it was beautiful to watch her and her kids enter the waters of baptism and make that covenant with God. We had a lot of the ward come and support- we even had to move from the relief society room to the chapel because there were so many! Also many of Melanie's friends came who we were able to talk to and set up appointments with. We we going to have a testimony meeting while they were changing but or ward mission leader decided to have us teach the restoration instead because of all of the non members there. It was a lot different teaching in front of a large group. Then they were confirmed in church yesterday and Melanie even bore her testimony about how grateful she was to have met us. It was bittersweet to see all of the wonderful ward members because---wait for it....

I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED AND TRAINING A NEW SISTER!!! President called us Saturday to let us know. All of us are splitting up. Sister Bowman is staying here to train a new sister, sister Charles and Anderson are being transferred together somewhere, and I was very surprised when President said oh and sister Forsyth is going to train a new sister in lake field ward. The training program is 12 weeks long and so I haven't even finished my training yet but I will be on my own training a new sister in a ward that I don't think has had sisters before!! Starting tomorrow I will be moved to an area 2 or 3 hours from here with a new sister from the mtc. Needless to say I am a little
Nervous but I know with the Lords help I can do all things. This is humbling because this means Heavenly Father and President Craven are trusting me with a lot. I will be on my knees and on the phone asking questions a lot but I know Heavenly Father will teach me what to do.

So that's my big news!! Whew!! I am excited.

As always thank you for all of the love and support.




No comments:

Post a Comment