Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sept 9



Hello family and friends! Thanks for all of your love and support. We have been working so hard this week. We have had some of our appointments cancel, but we are working hard to find more people to teach! We love the fact that every day is a new day to find new investigators. It's funny, all of the letters I have read this week from other missionaries all are about finding new people to teach. Sister Wright and I are trying to be creative and out of the box, seeking inspiration as to how the Lord would have us bring forth fruit in our area! We know as we are obedient and diligent we will see miracles. I loved Sister Tobias's letter about what her and her companion did, and I am going to try those ideas!
We have been reading in the Book of Mormon as a mission highlighting the Doctrine of Christ and highlighting the different aspects in different colors. It's amazing to see it in so many different ways than I have before!

One great experience we had this week, we were able to meet with that less active family whose son wants to be baptized, but we have to wait till December. We had a really powerful lesson with them about prayer and the son (he is 9) shared an experience where he read about David and Goliath and it helped him stand up to a bully who was "bigger" than him and he stood up to him like David. It was really sweet, and we were able to help the whole family realize the importance of prayer.
We had Missionary Leadership Conference this week, where all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders have a meeting. It was most of the day and I loved it. I love feeling the spirit, and finding ways I can do better! I always learn so much. There are so many incredible missionaries serving here. I love seeing old friends and old companions and people I have gotten close to. We had an amazing training on Finding from President Craven. What an inspired man. We also had Zone meeting on Friday (which is what the picture is of) and we were able as Zone Leaders and Sister Training leaders to duplicate the training at MLC to our Zone. Sister Wright and I did a training on Planning that the Assistants had given. And they showed up. So that made us nervous, because they are amazing, but they said we did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment