Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sept 23



Hello everyone! This week has been great. Sister Wright and I have been working hard to be diligent and find and teach this week! We are finding the balance between going on all of these exchanges (7 this transfer!) and keeping our own area up. But it's great. We are learning so much from all of the other Sisters and the other areas, getting to meet so many neat people, it is amazing. We had interviews on Wednesday with President Craven. It was amazing, but we had Zone Meeting, then lunch, then we all had to have interviews, so it took almost all day. But it was fantastic. He is such an inspired man and always knows what to say. Then we went on exchanges with the Hilliard (Young Single Adult Ward) sisters. They are on a college campus, UNCC! Google it. It's pretty sweet. And it was amazing. I got to go there, and I was with two Sisters, (they are in a trio and one went to Huntersville with Sister Wright and I got to stay with the other two for the day). They actually have a Temple Square Sister with them. They go on outbounds for about 3 months. So it was so fun to hear from her about all of the differences there are between Temple Square and here. It's so different. She's definitely learning a lot! But she is used to talking with people all the time. AND get this my RA from Freshman year is in the Temple Square mission, about to go home, and she is an ASSISTANT to the president. usually that is a priesthood calling, but obviously on Temple Square they don't have Elders so they have sisters who are Zone Leaders, Assistants, and District Leaders!!!
CAMPUS WAS AMAZING!!! It was so different. They are not allowed to knock on doors at all. They just stay on campus all day. They just talk to everyone they see. It's a way different experience but I loved it. It was so weird to have dinner at a young single adult's apartment. I have been eating with families my whole mission, and so it was weird to be "at college" again and it felt like I was just hanging out with people my age. WEIRD. But they are amazing Sisters and there's so much work to do with the young adults, it's so exciting. We committed a lot of people to come to church and to family home evenings. Young adults are so receptive it's crazy! So fun.. but weird. to be on a University Campus for the day.
Then we went with the Newton Conover Sisters, but I got to stay in Huntersville for this one. Sister Neilson came with me in Hville. Love her. She is a fantastic, hardworking, obedient missionary and it was so good to have her in our area! I learned a lot from her. I learn alot from all of these exchanges.

Saturday there was supposed to be a Stake Fall Festival but it got cancelled because of rain :(
The Primary Program was yesterday though! It was so cute. It was fantastic. The little old lady we have been teaching who lives in our complex, Jean, came with us. She loved it. It's so sweet to hear from the little kids.
We had a really neat experience last night.Sister Wright felt like we needed to go to this one street, and we knocked on her door, and she was hesitant to let us in at first but she did and we talked with her and she told us how her son goes to church and has a lot of Faith and she just wishes she had more and we were like WOW perfect. That is what we are here to do, help you strengthen your Faith! We shared the Restoration with her and she was crying, the spirit was so strong when we talked about the first vision. She loved it and when we stopped and asked her what she was feeling she said "Hope." It was so neat. We tried to leave when the spirit was the strongest. That is what we have found helps us KEEP these amazing people we find. We did set up a return appointment, but she has an apparently not very nice husband and we are hoping he doesn't get in the way of us seeing her again. But she's fantastic, and that was really neat! Her name is Susan.
I know the Gospel is true. I know by living the Gospel is the only way we can find true happiness in this life. I know the scriptures truly are the Word of God. I have missed my scriptures because I accidentally left them in the Hilliard Sisters apartment, and will have to wait a week to two to get them back. I just have my blue Book of Mormon and Sister Wright's scriptures to borrow.. oh and I have the New Testament book that Dad gave me last Christmas. Thanks, Dad :)
Transfer calls are this week! We'll see what happens! Sister Wright and I have been together in the same area two transfers now and that doesn't happen very often. So we'll see.. but since we are leaders maybe they'll keep us here a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment