Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 9, 2014

We got TRANSFER calls this week. President said "Sister Forsyth, we always know you love adventure, are you up for one last change?" AH. I am getting TRANSFERRED to a new area for my last 6 weeks. I am excited, but it will be strange trying to build relationships with members and people when I know I won't be there for long>>> But I will try!
This week was great. We went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and two of them came here with me. They actually have a missionary from Ukraine who got relocated to Charlotte, and it was interesting to hear from her all of the things that are going on there and what the work was like there. We had a great day of teaching and finding, we had fun and learned a lot from each other. 

Crissy is doing so great! She has so much faith and has such a strong desire to be baptized. We taught her twice this week and it's so neat to teach her, she is just so excited about the gospel and she does her reading, prays, comes to church, and she just loves everything that we teach her. She reminds me of the scripture that says there are people who are kept from the truth, only because they know not where to find it. She's one of those and now that she has found it she loves it! I am so sad that I won't be here for her baptism which is set for the 21, but I will be able to talk to her on Facebook and keep up with her. 

We also had dinner with part member family. She has been a member for 17 years, and he has never come to church, but I mentioned a while ago that recently he has been reading and praying every day with his wife, and coming to church alot of the time. It's amazing to see the change that this can make in people. He'll take a while, but I know that he'll join the church one day! It's amazing to see the progress in him even since I have been here. 

We had Zone Meeting we learned a lot about teaching people not lessons, and we had a training on how to ask inspired questions. We read from the Book of Mormon together on how the missionaries asked inspired questions to the people they were teaching and learned a lot. 

In downtown Waxhaw, there was a little party on Friday night. Actually there were bands playing until like 11:00 and we are right next to it so it was hard to sleep. But, we went out contacting people and talked to a lot of people. Also they had nitrogen frozen ice cream, and it was so good! I don't know how but it is the best ice cream ever. Ya'll should try it the next time you see some. 

I took pictures with some of the great families in Waxhaw and said goodbye yesterday! There are so many wonderful people I have learned so much from. A lot of what I have learned on my mission is what kind of family and marriage that I want someday. I have had so many great examples to learn from.
Off to my next and last adventure! I'll let you know where I'm going!

No comments:

Post a Comment